Wednesday, July 17, 2013

New York City: Either Take a Cab or Walk Til Your Knees Hurt!

        This past weekend I had myself an action packed trip back East flying into Boston Friday evening and flying out of New York early Tuesday.

        Friday night my loyal and loving sister picked me up at Logan International Airport (BOS) and drove me home to Connecticut.  I would spend the next 36 hours in my home state catching up with with friends and family.  On Sunday, it was off to the Big Apple for more reuniting as well as MLB All Star Game festivities.   This was a great opportunity for my exploring partner, Jeff, and me to reaquant ourselves with just how god damn big New York City  is.  Moving non-stop during the day, whether it be by bus, train, taxi or foot (mostly foot), and sleeping as little a humanly possible at night, we were able to accomplish a ton.  From SoHo, to Time Square, to the 9/11 Memorial, to Citi Field and the Home Run Derby, I saw more of the city than I had in my entire life.  I caught the 7:55 out of Laguardia (LGA) Tuesday morning and was back in Denver (DEN) for t-ball practice. 

       Big thanks to Nikki Markow for letting us keep our things and briefly close our eye lids at her appartment.  Also, thank you to my Rockies friends for the All Star hook ups.  Reflecting back, the trip could not have gone any better.  It was an absolute blur and a refreshing reminder that I would not trade my friends and family for all the money in Manhattan.

     P.S.  There is SO much money in Manhattan!






















No comments:

Post a Comment