Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Boring Old Denver Update

       Before I begin, first let me apologize for my lack of contribution to the blog over the past few months.  I have been in awe of Eric's exciting and adventuress lifestyle as well as caught up in my busy, boring, first world amenities filled daily grind.  This has caused me too feel incompetent and uninteresting.  None the less, it is only fair to my followers and fans that I share some recent events in my life.

      Two weeks ago my family made their first visit as a group to Colorado.  It was a joyous occasion and one I had looked forward to for quite a while.  This was Lindsay and my mom's second official visit to Denver but it felt right to have us all together in my home away from home.  They arrived at the end of a home-stand making it possible for them to catch a game and see exactly what it is I do with the Rockies.  They were amused to say the least.  Plus, Sunday was Father's Day and what better way to spend it than with your dad at a ball game.
 
     So from Saturday to Saturday the five of us, technically only four of us from Tuesday on, crammed into my one bedroom apartment and made the most of what Colorado has to offer.  We celebrated Father's Day, drove through the mountains, rode horses, panned for gold, explored downtown and attempted to search for dinosaur bones.  No bones were found.  But even if we did I wouldn't tell you because Colorado state laws forbids fossil diggers to remove fossils from their sight and there is no way I'm not taking my fossil if I dig one up.  We ate out a solid amount and the food never disappointed.  I would be leaving out a significant part of the visit if I did not mention how deeply in love my mother fell with the Chop Chop Salad at Five Star Burger.  It was all she talked about.

     Lindsay had to leave early in the week, which was a bummer, and I did become a bit ill at one point hindering my abilities as tour guide but we still made the most of our time together and it was a week I will never forget.  Very satisfying to have my family in Colorado and for them enjoy visiting where I live.  Spending so much fun and memorable time with family is what makes me miss home the most.

     Soon after my family vacated my apartment (not without a few "necessary" changes and additions) and returned to Connecticut, a familiar face rolled into town with one of his parents.  As if he never left, John Brow graced Denver with his presence on his drive out to California.  I was fortunate to have him and his dad as guests for a night where we caught up on life and swapped stories of old.  The following day the attended a Rockies game but before the game was over, just as swiftly as they had arrived, they were off into the sunset.  Rolling on as rolling stones do.

As always, visitors are encouraged and welcome at all times.  I will try and keep consistent updates coming to the blog on my time in Denver and travels throughout the country.  Expect a reunion in Wyoming soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment