Thursday, September 26, 2013

Hair is the ceiling of the mind

Well folks it has been a crazy couple months and I am sad to say that the summer days have past and life in Jackson is getting pretty cold. As excited as I am about the upcoming winter months, I was just not ready for the cold. Solution: Head on a road trip from Wyoming and end in sunny San Diego.  Along the way I will be going to Denver and the surrounding Colorado area, Salt Lake City, Moab, Phoenix, Reno and then end in San Diego. 

Now you may ask yourself "Gosh Eric, how does one just take a month off from work and go on an epic road trip?" Well its pretty simple. Jackson Hole is mainly a tourist town in the summer. Through the months of October and November the town is pretty ghost like. Since my job with the kayak club is over and the work at the bar will be limited to none, I have some free time. I think ill use it wisely. 

Anyway I arrived in Denver on Saturday, September 21st just in time to pick my buddy Donovan Walsh up from the sketchy as ever Denver International Airport. It was Donnys first trip to Denver so there was anticipation in the air as to what shenanigans we would get up to.  We got downtown and hit the bar! 

The next few days included disc golf, two baseball games (total of 5 innings....baseball sucks), a fantastic hike where Evan and I were reunited with our ghost friend Jeff and lots of laughs. It was great to see Donny and catch up with whats going on in his life. (hes going to china!) Here are some pictures that I have on my phone. Donny may do a guest blog and post some of his so stay tuned!

The Black Pearl
 Donny in front of Coors field
 Donny at Red Rocks
 Donny as Bill Clinton
 Broncos!!!
 There was a really cool moose in the bar
 Evan and Donny fight sequence 1
 2
 3
 Donny and that same moose eating sushi
Donny at Coors field with moose
 Couldn't help some sunset shots in Jackson
 View from my bedroom in Jackson one morning
 Sunsets are awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment