Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sleds, dogs and whiskey! (not necessarily in that order)

 Folks, I've seen a good amount of events. I've been part of numerous cases of shenanigans. I've caused trouble, seen some chaos and overall, have lived a wonderful life full of intrigue. That being said, I am happy to announce a very first and very awesome new event to the saga. 

Two nights ago after a challenging day on the mountain my buddy Peter asked if I wanted to go watch the sled dog race. "SLED DOG RACE!" were the only words I could muster. Anywho, a quick costume change and a trip to Bud's (the local booze mart) had us right on the street with a pint of bourbon watching all the action! It was about what you would think a sled dog race would be like. FANTASTIC! I felt like Cuba Gooding Jr. in Snow Dogs. Just a little less black and little more drunk.

The town of Jackson laid snow down on the roads (pretty much already snowy) for the dogs and their owners to cruise through the streets in a fit of glory. People lined the streets cheering on the teams as they cruised around tight corners with the smell of bacon in their minds! (Im assuming thats what the winners got)

There is a big race this weekend that the teams will head from Jackson to another town! Pretty cool stuff.

Snow total for the mountain: 244 inches

Pictures were tough with the lighting and such but you get the idea





No comments:

Post a Comment