Monday, January 27, 2014

Hello San Francisco

HEELLLOOOO  CALIFORNIA

       Its a bit surreal to think that I now reside in San Francisco.  I never thought I'd end up this far west.  California, to me, has always been this far away land filled with celebrities, movie stars and earthquakes.  Tech companies and vineyards.  But fate has taken me here so Im going to make the most of it.

       I took 70 West through the rockies and into Utah, stopped in Salt Lake City briefly and then rode Route 80 West until it literally ended. (Second time I've driven on a major highway until it ended, first was in Miami with Eric and John after going south on 95 for the length of the East Coast)  Last Friday night I found myself in San Francisco, the city by the bay.  I was greeted by Shannon, her mother and brother Brandon who were in town visiting, her brother Kevin, cousin Colin and his girlfriend Steph who live there.  The rest has been a blur.

      It took me until Wednesday just to move my belongings out of my car and into the basement.  Partly because the living situation was still up in the air and partly because I like to party.  Last weekend was a lot of fun celebrating Shannon's cousin's birthday and watching playoff football.  (results could have been better) This weekend involved organizing/setting up the basement, disc golfing, meeting up with my old friend Cecchi, exploring the Castro neighborhood and running errands.  The goal for next weekend is to explore Chinatown, the oldest Chinatown in North America and the largest Chinese community outside of Asia.

      I began working with Shannon last Monday at her job with the hot start-up Zenefits.  Here is an exciting article written last week about her company.

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2014/01/22/zenefits-hottest-deal/

 More updates to come as we explore the Bay Area.  As always, visitors encouraged





                                                       Thursday morning in Denver


Somewhere in Utah

Mountains near Salt Lake City


Somewhere in Nevada

 Lake Tahoe, my first stop in CA



 Dolores Park 

 Alcatraz 


No comments:

Post a Comment