Saturday, October 20, 2012

The "working" man and a day hike to the BEAR's LAIR!! (said in scary tone)

So I have accomplished the unthinkable and got a job. I am a door man or "bouncer" at Brother's bar and grill in downtown Denver. You are all probably laughing at that statement because "Eric is a puny, little sally girl who couldn't kick Elmo out of a bar". However, here in Denver the mind set is so different that the bar hires smaller guys along with big ones to create a less intimidating atmosphere. But also I would like to add that I am quite the feisty fox when it comes to wrestling so I am able to hold my own when that mammoth of a man decides to smash a bottle over the bar tender's head. Anywho, its a pretty sweet job. I work two nights a week and that is all. I have reversed the normal week from a two day weekend to a five. Perfect.

Enough with work. After exploring the inner workings of the city for the past few weeks we decided to finally get out a little bit into the mountains and explore the Colorado wilderness. We went on a little day hike over to the Bear's Lair which was pretty cool.. We did our own trail blazing and found ourselves with a great view of the mountain ranges and rivers that surrounded. The snow has begun to fall in  the mountains so the ski season is about to be upon us!! If anyone is looking for a Colorado get away this winter PLEASE let Evan or myself know. We would be more than happy to accommodate and host any of our friends or family!  Hoping for a big winter followed by big water in the spring!

Here are some pictures from our little trek. Cannot wait to get our hands on some more dirt!




No comments:

Post a Comment