Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Whats that? Thats the border. I want to go beyond, beyond the border

Well folks it has been almost 8 months since Evan and I moved to Denver and let me tell you that it has been an amazing ride. Not only did we have the winter of a lifetime on the slopes but Evan is now working for the Rockies with a job that not only gives him a paycheck but more importantly throws a few decent perks his way (most notably free ice-cream!)  Myself on the other hand have a new adventure to go on as we will be parting ways at the end of April. More on that to come.

I have quit my job at the bar and I would like to thank all of my co-workers and managers at It's Brothers! It has truly been a pleasure working with you all and I have learned a lot from everyone.  My experience in Denver has been amazing and that is largely to do with the friends I made working there so I thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

Anywho, I have flown back to CT and started my road trip back to Colorado with a man van packed full of goodies. (new f*ing bikes) After failing to find a driving buddy (the vocal solos for 30 hours will be amazing) I decided to header alone and took off from Tolland at 4:30 Tuesday morning. My mother sent me off with an amazing gift as I now am the proud owner of a new BANJO!!!! (Tunes to follow)

My plan was to head to Michigan and crash at the Harrell household. Ryan is a role model of mine and a great friend and his whole family is amazing so even though it was a little out of my way, it was worth the trip. I would head south under the finger lakes and cut north to head to Hudsonville. Well that didnt go as planned as when I put the address in the GPS with tired eyes I did not realize that I would now be taking the North route. As I drove aimlessly for 10 hours I soon found myself at the Canadian border! Whoops.

No turning back there! I entered that hoboken country through the city of Niagra Falls and an impromptu stop at the gorgeous waterfalls was all I needed for my little mistake to be worth it. That and it ended up being faster! Snapped a few shots and headed out. I arrived at the Harrell household right around 7 PM to a cold beer, some great company and a warm place to sleep.  Thank you again for your hospitality Harrell family!!

Next Stop, INDIANA UNIVERSITY?!!! 











No comments:

Post a Comment