Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thats that good good


My road trip has taken me from Salt Lake City, through Moab and then down into Phoenix to visit my old buddy Nick Hewett. On my way from Utah and into Arizona I tried to visit the Grand Canyon but unfortunately the government has shut down and the park was closed. This was the first I had heard about the government shutting down so it was a shock to me. Although somehow I feel blessed that I was able to find out because it affected me directly rather than reading or hearing it in the news.

I slept in the desert on my way through and had one of the most epic night of stars. It is an incredible feeling to be completely alone with absolutely no lights in the desert. I hopped up on top of the Black Pearl and star gazed for what seemed to be hours before I ended up falling asleep under the magnificent universe. I encourage everyone to look up on a clear night and wonder.

Anywho, Hewett showed me a fantastic time full of great weather, awesome bars (one kind of sketchy but it had horseshoes) and a pool! Phoenix is a pretty great spot and my man is doing it well. Thanks Hewett.

The next stop was SAN DIEGO. Translation was lost many moons ago...


Hewett in his oddly shaped, baller pool

Kickin' it by the pool all day

 Evan and Paul being badass
 John crushin', Paul pinchin'
 Where the koalas at?!
 Panorama of La Jolla

No comments:

Post a Comment