Wednesday, October 16, 2013

UGH...milk was a bad choice

After a marvelous week and a half of sweet San Diego livin', I hit the road again last night. I am now currently sitting in a 24 hour Subway restaurant across the street from the University of Southern California. I was able to crash last night at an old friends place. Thanks Caroline!  (FYI Los Angelas is a very stressful place with little parking and a lot of honking)

Anywho, one of the main purposes of this road trip was to get to San Diego to see some of my best buds! I want to start off by saying thank you to Ben Meyers. (Id think twice about stepping into your closet) I would also like to thank Matt Alaimo and my two best buddies John Brow and Paul Lipcius. And who can forget the legendary Peter Kim, Chris Martin and Matthew Hughes! Thank you all for your hospitality and for putting up with my shenanigans for the past visit. 

It was truly an amazing experience for me. I am not sure I could have laughed any more than I did in the past week. I was able to meet up with Janelle Sauve and Alyssa Kelly who had just recently moved out to what I now think of as paradise. Thanks for sharing your doll house! I was also fortunate enough to see John's mother while she was visiting. It is always a pleasure Mrs. Jake.

Evan came out for an epic taco Tuesday full of mega margs and we even got to go surfing! I was able to surf three times while in San Diego. Once with Paul (got crushed by the uber swell comin down from Laguna), once with Evan and Paul (surfed some sick waves at La Jolla) and once with John (pretty much just paddled out and floated). 

Unfortunately Matt, Ben's friend and roommate, had to return to Connecticut for awhile. He threw one hell of a denim bar crawl for his going away party. Most fun I think I have ever had on a bar crawl. Best wishes Matt!

I would like to congratulate John Brow on his new job as well as Ben Meyers for becoming a homeowner.  Traveling itself is an incredible learning experience for me but what is truly special is to be able to go see some of your best friends succeeding in this crazy world. The relationships they have built has created a home-like atmosphere that I am grateful for and will cherish forever.

Anywho, I now highly anticipate my lunch with Clarence Cheung and his tour of the USC campus. I have a dinner date with Miley later. Forever and always, "You stay classy San Diego". Till next time.

Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial (Favorite spot in San Diego)
 The president of the memorial happened to be there
 Too epic
 Down at La Jolla with some surfer bro gettin' ready
 The Black Pearl kickin' it with the vett
 This was the first bar...

No comments:

Post a Comment