Saturday, September 29, 2012

Oktoberfest!!!

Love me some beer and brats so you know I wasn't missing Oktoberfest Denver.  Went downtown last night and checked out the festivities.  Great atmosphere.  German beer girls, music, huge steins and all the sausage, brats, and wienerschnitzel you could eat!  (Eric decided to get tacos)

Awesome events like Keg Bowling and Bag Toss were taking place.  I decided to enter one of the best events going, the Stein Hoisting competition.  My dreams of being a hoisting champion were cut short when I came in fourth in my heat.  My time of 3 minutes and change didn't even come close to some blokes' 7:05.  I'll get em next year, training starts Monday.

I didn't go home empty handed though.  After filling out a quick survey I got my chance to spin the wheel for a free stein.   Hit the winner slot right on the nose and walked out of there with my head held high.  Next stop Price is Right.


No comments:

Post a Comment