Thursday, September 20, 2012

Straps on Straps on Straps (we don't have stacks)

I finished my last shift last night with a whopping 13 hours of nothing. We packed up the jeep yesterday with all of our gear. It almost looks like we know what we're doing out in the wilderness with bikes, snowboards and a kayak. We used about 10 straps for all of it and they all intertwine and somehow secure everything down. Fingers crossed we didn't just strap the straps to the straps.
I packed up the last of my things including the most important bag of essentials, which pretty much consists of deodorant, a few choice drugs (asprin, vitamin c, caffeine) and my harmonicas, among other essential items needed for a road trip. I then left the heavy duty bug spray and bear mace to my roommate Corey and sardined myself into the back of the jeep and prepared for the 9 hour drive to Fort Collins. My dad lived in Fort Collins for 4 years so Im excited to follow his
 footsteps and begin what will be the most exciting time of my life!
Here are some things that I'd like to say. First off, light switches outside of bathrooms are silly, sometimes hard to find in the dark but great for an easy practical joke (the old friend pooping the dark gag). Separation of whites and darks in laundry is silly and a waste of time and so is matching socks. If anyone cares what my socks look like, you can go suck a lemon!




No comments:

Post a Comment